CLASSIC PEPPER STEAK
Nothing’s better than a beef steak served with a delicious creamy sauce and accompanied by roast potatoes, buttered spinach and fresh seasonal salad. Simply delicious!
Preheat the oven to 190 ℃ .
Sprinkle and press crushed peppercorns on both sides of the steak.
Heat the butter and oil in a nonstick pan with a thick base also suitable for baking in the oven on high heat and add the steaks when the sauce begins to foam. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Put the pan in the preheated oven, cook for another 8 minutes if you prefer medium or according to your preferences. Remove from the oven and transfer the steaks on to a plate and keep warm.
On medium heat, add the brandy to the pan, incorporating the meat juices left on the bottom, then add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, broth and red wine. Mix the ingredients by stirring and cook until the sauce has reduced by one third. Add the sauce and all the juices from the meat, green pepper , cream and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice the meat diagonally, arrange the slices on plates and pour on the sauce pepper. Serve the meat with buttered spinach and roasted potatoes.
Ingredients for two people
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns coarsely crushed
- 450g of sirloin slices with a thickness of about 5 cm
- A pinch of salt
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of brandy
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 table spoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of full-bodied red wine
- 1 tablespoon of pepper green beans in brine, drained
- 6 tablespoons of double cream