BRUSCHETTA OF BEEF SIRLOIN
Fantastic bruschetta of beef sirloin has a thousand flavours. The base, made with homemade bread cut into slices, it is a meal in itself!
Preheat the grill.
To prepare the sauce, pour the yogurt into a bowl and stir in the cream, orange juice, horseradish, dill and spring onions. Add salt and pepper to taste , cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Reheat in the meantime, two tablespoons of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the sirloin and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side to seal the juices, stir the meat and cook between 2 and 6 minutes depending on your prefarence . Transfer the meat to a warm platter and let it rest .
Meanwhile, finely chop two cloves of garlic and add to the pan with the red pepper and mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes until they are tender, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Lay the Ciabatta on the grill of the oven and toast until golden brown . Cut the remaining garlic clove in half and rub it on one side of the slices of toast. Pour a drop of olive oil on the toasted Ciabatta and lay them on the plates, keeping them warm.
Put the spinach in a pot of boiling water and cook for a few seconds until the spinach is soft. Drain well and season with salt and pepper.
Place the spinach on the toasted bruschetta and lay the red pepper and mushrooms previously cooked. Add the sliced sirloin and you’re done.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of cream
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish (canned is fine)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- Approx 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 450g of beef sirloin in one piece with a thickness of about 2.5 cm
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely sliced
- 300g of sliced mixed mushrooms (such as shiitake mushrooms or morels common)
- 1 Ciabatta strip cut in to 4 pieces
- 200g fresh spinach
- Mixed salad (50 g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper